History of Lisp
- 1956 through 1962. The paper presented by John McCarthy at the
first HOPL conference
The Evolution of Lisp
- 1960 through 1992. The paper by Guy Steele and Richard Gabriel at
HOPL II in 1993
which picks up where McCarthy left off in his 1978 paper.
History of LISP
- This is an amazing resource which aims to preserve as much Lisp history
as possible. (The Software Preservation Group is backed by the world-class
Computer History Museum in Mountain View, California, USA.)
Herbert Stoyan collection on LISP programming
- The Herbert Stoyan collection on LISP programming contains materials
documenting the origins, evolution, and use of the LISP programming
language and many of its applications in artificial intelligence.
A History of Erlang
- Joe Armstrong's 2007 paper which he presented at the
- Erlang Timeline, 1982 - 1993.
The True story about why we invented Erlang ...
- Mike Williams presents at Erlang Factory London 2011.
Video interview with Mike Williams
- History of Erlang, Modeling, and Large Scale Design (Erlang Factory London 2011).
A History of the Erlang VM
- Robert Virding talks about the various incarnations of the Erlang
Abstract Machine at Erlang Factory San Francisco 2011.
26 years with Erlang
- Joe Armstrong tells us how he got his grey hairs at a 2013 Chicago Erlang
A Brief History of Erlang
- an essay for a course on the Principles of Programming Languages.